Assets and repairs; new ambitions for a new decade
Housing Dynamics founder Richard Medley takes a look forward ahead of session for Assets and Repairs at the Scotland Housing Festival.
When it comes to asset management and repairs, with the new decade comes a whole raft of challenges. To meet these, we will need to raise our game. This means lifting our ambitions and raising our aspirations in everything we do, from delivering customer excellence in repairs through to putting in place the truly data driven approaches to asset investment we strive for.
Through shared learning about what works best and where, coupled with an approach to embracing and exploiting the potential of new technologies, there’s a real opportunity to make the step change we need in assets and repairs.
To help us get the 2020s off to a flying start, Assets and Repairs at the Scotland Housing Festival has been put together to provide all the forward-looking tools, techniques, information and insight you need. Located in the festival teepee in the heart of the exhibition hall, the event complements the main festival programme and provides an informal forum for discussion and debate.
Here’s just a few of the challenges that Assets and Repairs at the Scotland Housing Festival will be helping us with:
• How to go about planning and delivering your journey to service excellence in repairs and maintenance
• How best to maximise the benefits of modern technology and digital innovations to reduce repair and management costs while also enhancing the resident experience and saving tenants money
• Designing and delivering a strategic approach to asset management that’s driven by all the information and data in should be
• Devising and delivering successful regeneration as the solution when routine levels of investment won’t deliver the results needed
• How best to go about changing the way we insulate and heat our homes to meet the requirements of the decarbonisation agenda
The whole agenda at Assets and Repairs at the Scotland Housing Festival aligns closely with the call for action from the CIH Assets and Repairs 2020 Group. This sets out a critical role for everyone involved in asset and repairs management across the UK to take the initiative in providing homes that:
• Are safe and secure, and demonstrably so
• Are of the right quality, with the sustainable features and facilities residents need
• Make the most of the new technologies and digital innovations available
• Are managed using KPIs that measure and monitor the things that really matter
• Are managed by people and teams that have the right blend of knowledge, skills and expertise
Our combined aim at Assets and Repairs at the Scotland Housing Festival is to inform, enthuse and inspire delegates, to encourage discussion and facilitate debate in this most important area of activity.
Assets and Repairs at the Scotland Housing Festival is FREE TO ATTEND. To register for your free place CLICK HERE. As well as benefitting from the high quality seminar content in the Assets and Repairs teepee you will also get free access to the Scotland Housing Festival Exhibition Hall.